Monday, July 12, 2010

Day Twenty-Two

Today was really hard. First of all, I was accidentally late for Mr. Karpov's floor barre class for being in the bathroom. He smiled at me when I walked in (as if to scold me nicely) and he wasn't angry, but being late still gave me a bad start. After spending only about thirty minutes teaching class, he worked one-on-one with one of his guinea pigs. She is the most flexible person I have met, and she is insanely good at ballet for having taken for only four years, but he can't just work with her when he should be teaching everyone. I spent the rest of my time stretching.
After class, Mr. Bossov had a mini audition for the corps de ballet of Act Two, which me and Abby are now a part of. After today's rehearsal, I am almost ready to ask to be given a smaller part. Natalya told me to sit down because I messed up a port de bras. She sent my understudy to dance the section. I guess my only other option is to rehearse on my own and hope that she will be in a good mood tomorrow. On the bright side, Natalya told me that she saw some improvement in class. I was glad of that.
Abby and I have run out of MASH for the moment, so we plan on watching Psych. I hope I like it as much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment