Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day Twenty-Five

As I expected, today was great!! Classes were productive and we left rehearsals before 5:00. Also, a little bit of casting has been done for the third act of Sleeping Beauty. Abby is one the jewels!! Congratulations Abby!! I can't wait to find out what my part is, I just hope it's good.
Acting went well. Our homework is extremely difficult this time, however. We have to split into groups and choreograph or act to a song that he let us listen to. Our group has yet to decide whether to act or dance.
Col. Wylie held a meeting today about Bossov Ballet's goals during the summer programs. He made sure that we understood that the performance is part of our education here.-- that we are here to learn how to deal with hours of rehearsal and to dance on stage like a professional. He pointed out that Mr. Bossov has tried to make the dancers' experiences here as much like what he had in Russia as possible.
There is one only one difference between Mr. Bossov's American students and his Vaganova Academy students, as he stated to Pointe Magazine. That is: "American students come to me as soloists, having had no experience with corps de ballet, whereas Vaganova students are always corps dancers first." After hearing this I remembered what Ms. Natalya said to me --that I am a soloist and need experience with a corps.
This weekend we will rehearse the entirety of what we have learned. So far we have finished the prologue, and acts one and two. As much work as it is, I'm actually excited. And after Saturday, only two weeks left of this summer intensive!! I can't believe how fast this had gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment