Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day Thirty-One

It's raining. It has been since about 7:00 and it's 8:30 now. On the bright side, tomorrow morning will be nice and cool.
I think the teachers have set tomorrow up to kill us. After technique, we have an hour of acting. Usually acting is an hour and a half after lunch. I love acting, so finding this out was a bummer. After lunch we only have rehearsals!! I don't really know how I will cope. I guess I'll just have to take it one hour at a time and hope that we don't dance until 5:15, like we did today.
The finale of the third act is a mazurka and my part is character-- two things that I have had little experience with. I found it extremely difficult. In fact, I think most of us did. Near the end of rehearsal, Mr. Bossov was frustrated enough to say, "I will never set Sleeping Beauty over the summer again!!" He has a way of being very intimidating and then very mellow and approachable. I think that he is so good an actor that he can change according to the given situation like the flip of a switch. His methods work, but sometimes I wonder what he really thinks.
I can't believe that the week is almost over!! This summer has flown by!! Only ten more days until the end of my Summer at Bossov Ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment