Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day Six

Today was great!! Acadia was every bit as spectacular as I had anticipated, and more!! I especially enjoyed the view of Maine from Cadillac Mountain. The mountain is 1,500 feet, one of the highest points on the East coast. We also walked on the beach of Seal Harbor, but didn't see any seals. Keep in mind that the weather was 65 degrees and sunny. I think I could have stayed forever!!
After this we headed to lunch at a tiny restaurant called "Corner Cafe," where I had a wonderful veggie panini. Soon we were at Bar Harbor touring the town. We walked past all kinds of interesting shops, including a clockmaker's shop, a candlemaker's shop, several candy/icecream shops, and some fresh seafood places. We stopped to get ice cream at Ben and Bills. I had Mocha Chip and it was fantastic!! This place was like Willy Wonka's factory, colors and all. It was overwhelming (in a good way). We stopped again in Bangor before heading back to Pittsfield.
- Find the link on this page to see the pictures we took!!

No comments:

Post a Comment