Friday, June 25, 2010

Day Five

Today I found it difficult to focus because of my anticipation for this weekend, but I think classes were fairly good. There was a performance makeup class scheduled for this afternoon, but instead Ms. Getman rehearsed our character piece (an additional piece) for the showcase until we were short on time. We did, however, end up wearing semi-stage makeup. All three minutes of our piece went very well during the showcase, considering we only had a week to perfect it. Mr. Bossov knows how to whip a piece into shape for a performance. Like he does with classes, he stops us at every mistake until we have it down.
He said that our character piece was a portion of Petrushka by Stravinski, a story about a puppet that comes to life. I think our ballet piece was also based on Petrushka, but he never said so. I hope to have a class on ballet history some time next week!!
Tomorrow I will be on my way to Acadia National Park with Abby, and we leave at 7:00. Thus, unfortunately, I have to cut this entry short and go to sleep. I can promise that tomorrow's entry will be exceptionally good, because I plan on having fun and taking pictures (which I will post to this blog). Thanks, everyone who follows!!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful day! Wish I was going with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog! It really gives me an excellent picture:) I'm going to enjoy reading it this summer. Have fun and work hard! Miss Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Mum and Ms. Paulson!! I'll make sure I write an entry every day. Don't forget to read Abby's also!!

    ReplyDelete