Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day Three

Today I woke up shaky an feverish. I took some medication and ate breakfast, which helped. I felt well enough to dance, and I concluded that if class was impossible for me, I'd ask to sit down. It's always better to at least let a teacher know that you've tried than to simply ask, before a class begins, to observe. Class went surprisingly well, in fact, it was one of my best yet.
After technique we headed to a floor barre class with Mr. Bossov. This class was harder than I expected because the floor hurt my hips and knees. The upside: I wore a pair of sweat pants, socks, and a sweater (as opposed to a leotard and tights).
Abby and I ate lunch and then headed to an acting class (also with Mr. Bossov). This was wonderfully fun!! In addition to being a skilled and talented dancer and choreographer, he is an impressive stage actor. He had the nine of us act out a forest scene. I was a tree, and Abby was a wild boar. HAHA!! This was the best part of my day!! At the end of class Mr. Bossov said that, even though it may seem appropriate to honestly cry or laugh during a performance, it is imperative that a dancer has complete control over his character. Thus, he must learn how to direct his emotion. He said that if a dancer becomes emotional during a piece, he must use that energy to enhance his performance.
We went from there to another rehearsal, then showers and dinner- nothing too exciting. Abby and I plan on watching an episode of M*A*S*H tonight before bed. We love it!! It takes our mind off of the stress of the day and days to come.

2 comments:

  1. How funny! I watch an episode of MASH when I get up cause I need a good laugh to start my day. Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Thanks for reading!!
    - MASH is definitely a great laugh every time!!

    ReplyDelete