Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day Four

I thought today would be terrible after reading our schedule because, even though it read differently, I saw: "pointe, then pointe, then pointe, then pointe again; we hope your feet fall off." The day was actually great!! Our first pointe class was a pas class (partnering). I had never taken a pas class before so I was a little nervous going in, but as I entered the studio I had to keep myself from falling down of laughter. Mr. Bossov had recruited his stage hands and tech crew to partner us.. they all wore tights. Need I say anything else??
The schedule had an hour and half pointe class down for 1:00, but Mr. Bossov changed it last minute to a ballet class. I think we were all relieved. Unfortunately Mrs. Ana Karpova, who taught, had just received a phone call from her mother to inform her of her grandmother's death. Also, she added, today was her mother's birthday. I almost cried when she broke down, but was able to keep it together. I think I actually connect better with her, now that I know she has a soft side (as a teacher she is extremely challenging).
Next, we headed to another rehearsal, but this time we danced our pointe piece only twice. He turned the rest of our time into an acting session. This time Abby was an elephant and I was a squirrel. This class was almost as hilarious as the first. I'll tell you now, because I left this out last blog, what made our last class so hilarious. Mr. Bossov couldn't think of the English word for wild pig, so Abby thought, "hog." At the same time another girl said, aloud, "boar." Thus, in a hurry, Abby bursted a combo of the two that began with a "w" and ended with an "e." Thankfully I don't think he understood, but the rest of us roared. (laughed of course)
He ended our class thirty minutes early today, and we raced to be the first to shower. After dinner, me, Abby, and two others walked two miles down town to a Rite Aid. I didn't realize how ridiculously expensive things were until I spent $88.00 on a single bag of items like makeup remover, tape, bandaids, and tissues. After our two-mile hike back to the school we spent some time in the gym, which is a studio at the moment. Overall my day was absolutely outstanding!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're learning a lot and having fun, even though you're enduring pain. But what about the stage make-up class? Have you had it yet, or did you simply forget to mention it?
    -Autumn Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having fun and working hard!!

    ReplyDelete