Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day Seven (One Week)

Abby and I visited the tiny First Baptist church on campus this morning. A few other girls in the Bossov program were there also. For the most part I liked it very much. - Mum and Dad, it reminded me of St. John's in Maryland because of its size. Everyone knew everyone and the pastor called on individual people to stand and make announcements.
From there we went to Waterville for lunch and a movie. We saw "Knight and Day," with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. It was highly entertaining; I absolutely recommend it!! I have to add that when we entered the theater there were only three or four couples, and they were all senior citizens!! I guess it appealed to everyone.
We stopped by the local grocery store called Bud's Shop N' Save, and were back on campus by 3:30. Abby and I ran into Col. Wylie on our way to check in. He greets me and Abby very fondly now that he has met Mr. Paulson, a fellow Naval Academy graduate. Mr. Paulson has even given us some Navy vocabulary and phrases to use when we speak to him. For example: He asks, "What's up?" We say, "Fidelity is up and Obedience is down on my Naval Academy belt buckle, Sir." I have the feeling that we will become good friends with Col. Wylie by the end of these six weeks. I also agree with Mr. Paulson that, to impress Col. Wylie, we should organize a march to the cafeteria from the dorms.
More people have arrived today for the five-week program. Tomorrow is another placement class, followed by Sleeping Beauty auditions. I'm a little nervous. I heard from someone that the faculty generally places a student in the next lowest level to his after this placement class. This has to do with the fact that so many more students come for the five-week program than for the six. Thus, if Abby and I are moved to level two, it will be because of the appearance of at least ten new dancers who have had more experience than us.
May I also add that my toe nail has died. In fact, it is no longer even blue. It is entirely devoid of life at all and will fall off shortly. Lovely, right?? I'm sure Abby will have something to say about it as well. There is a link to her blog, "Thoughts on Katie's Thoughts," on this page.

2 comments:

  1. That's the price you pay for abusing your feet! My niece has the same problem. She plays soccer in college and runs cross country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know. But, what can I say?? A ballerina has to be tough.

    ReplyDelete